Jo Wu is an author born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, where she studied Biology and Creative Writing at UC Berkeley. She has been published in anthologies, and her short story, “Devoured by Envy,” was praised by Publishers Weekly as “the most Gothic of the successful stories” from the gothic romance anthology Darker Edge of Desire.
When writing, she can be found typing away in her Google Docs, accompanied by a Poisoned Apple mug that is constantly refilled with green tea, while blasting a mix of metal and orchestral scores. When she is not writing, she will be sewing her next costume or deadlifting her next powerlifting goal.
10 of her Favorite Books:
- Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley
- Inkheart, by Cornelia Funke
- Ella Enchanted, by Gail Carson Levine
- The Ghost Bride, by Yangsze Choo
- Deathless, by Catherynne M. Valente
- The Paper Menagerie, by Ken Liu
- A Certain Slant of Light, by Laura Whitcomb
- The Time Traveler’s Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger
- Tipping the Velvet, by Sarah Waters
- A Series of Unfortunate Events, by Lemony Snicket
5 Fun Facts:
- Models, cosplays, and acts under the alias Carmilla Jo.
- Her first publication was during high school, in the comic anthology Gothology: Misery Loves Company
- Her best pull-up reps at the time of this writing is 15.
- She loves bitter chocolate, and her favorite is 100% dark.
- Won’t shut up about the TV show Samurai Jack ever since it debuted on Cartoon Network in 2001. If you bring up Samurai Jack, she will talk your ear off.